Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Dreamboat (with Avery Elle)

Hi there!

I'm here and on the Avery Elle blog today with a card that combines the newer Waves Ellements coverplate and a older favorite, Dreamboat.

Dreamboat (with Avery Elle)

This is the kind of card that looks so much cuter in real life than in photos! The subtle, light coloring is really hard to capture. In any case, I chopped the waves die-cut to make room for the gondola on top. I love those wavy layers! I kept all of the pieces intact, and it gives a gorgeous texture that way.

It's a little hard to see, but I added some shading to the waves with a copic marker and flicked white ink over the top to give even more interest to that piece.

Dreamboat (with Avery Elle)

I did some pink ink-blending behind the couple, and kept the coloring of their outfits and hair very light. I curved the sentiment so that it mirrored the waves below.

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

3 comments:

  1. wow i love that! that minty green/blue with the pink just makes the card! i also love the other one you did with the heart. think i need that set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! they look great together!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete