Friday, April 14, 2017

Bekah's mermaid party

Last month, my niece Rebekah turned 5. Her little sister, 1 years old, her twin sisters, 3 months old, and my sister, tired. So I offered to bring the party to their house.

Bekah's mermaid party

I baked cupcakes, decorated toppers and water bottles, and made a banner.

Bekah's mermaid party


The birthday girl requested purple and blue for her color scheme, and mermaids.

Bekah's mermaid party

Purple-iced cupcakes were dressed up with fancy sprinkles from Sweetapolita (I splurged! they are so pretty!)

Bekah's mermaid party

The something blue was brought in with the cupcake toppers. I colored soooo many mermaids. If you are hand-making party decorations like I did, how do you work? I like to do everything in stages. First, batch stamp and die-cut all of the images (I used Mermaid For You images for the entire party.) Another day, I set to coloring. And Netflix binging. I watched a few seasons of Suits while making all of these decorations. Assembly is for another day.

Bekah's mermaid party

The waterbottles are my favorites. I used strips of the purple paper from the Watercolor Wishes pack, and made labels with each girl's name on the front (hand-stamped, of course.)

Bekah's mermaid party

To attach the straw, I wrapped a little strip of the same purple paper around the straw and then used a glue dot to secure it to the bottle. Easy peasy, but it looks super cute!

Bekah's mermaid party

The last thing I made was this banner with Bekah's name going across the panels.

Bekah's mermaid party

A special shout-out to my hubby for holding one end of the banner, while I juggled holding the other side and snapping a quick picture. I'm surprised it's at all in focus. ha.

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

1 comment: