Thursday, November 5, 2015

spotlight on... nutcracker sweet

A few days ago, I launched my etsy shop, with different digital images all ready to be printed and colored for the holiday season.

I showed off all of the images and the samples I created, but I'd love to talk about them individually.

Today, let's chat about this little nutcracker and her mouse queen friend:



I love everything nutcracker. When I was a little girl, my uncle took us to watch the ballet a few times, and it was always a magical experience. Then, when I used to play Tetris on our original Nintendo, I would always change the theme music to the other choice, The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. ha.

Instead of a boy nutcracker, I drew a little girl. She looks like she could be ready for cracking nuts or for band camp! amirite? And the evil mouse king? Not in my cute illustrations. A tiny, dainty mouse queen is more like it.
nutcracker sweet!

For my card, I printed out the graphic without re-sizing it at all. I made sure that the sizes were compatible for card-making! I did a search for nutcrackers on Pinterest (if you do this, be prepared for some really weirdo versions) to help with the coloring of her outfit. A rich navy blue complimented the nutcrackers' red jacket.

Just ME digital stamps etsy shop

I also included a smaller version of the nutcracker and mouse image, without the big banner, and perfect for holiday tags. Wouldn't they be so cute to add to baked goods or candy gifts this Christmas? I always think of gumdrops and huge lollipops when I think of the Nutcracker ballet.

Here, I colored the images in softer tones, and die-cut them onto a Lawn Fawn ornament tag.  I then layered them onto a sunburst background (the die is by Avery Elle and so gorgeous.)

I hope you like the cards, and the images! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

2 comments:

  1. Your designs are just incredible and cute as can be! I would think one of the big stamp companies would snatch you up so fast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little nutcracker and her mousy friend are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete