Thursday, September 18, 2014

Cozy Christmas...

I'm back again here and on the Mama Elephant blog today, for a closer look at the new Cozy Christmas dies and what you can do using them.

cozy christmas {mama elephant designer series}

I think this Santa is so cute, and it's extra nice not having to cut out those arms!  I stamped, colored and die-cut Santa and his extra arms, and wanted to have him perch over the sentiment banner (from the new Tags a Lot die set.)

but he was too short.

womp, womp.

cozy christmas {mama elephant designer series}

Here's what I did: i cut him in half. Complicated, right? ha.

Having sliced Santa above his belt, I was able to take my scissors and cut around his beard a bit, so that when I put the card together, his beard could overhand onto the sentiment banner.

cozy christmas {mama elephant designer series}

Once I had everything stamped out (including the sentiment from Believe in Magic,) I adhered the focal rectangle to a starry clear card base. I think this is my first-ever acetate card base. Pretty nifty.

A length of candy-cane twine and some pretty sequins finished it off. That was that!  I hope you like what I made for you today, Visit the Mama Elephant store to see what else is new this month - click!

In other news.

I will be back tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that, and for the next 6 days in a row - because today marks the beginning of Lawn Fawn's September inspiration week!

Check out their big giveaway post here.

And, did you see the exclusive set lawn fawn designed for Simon Says Stamp's big Stamptember event? You can see it here.

THEN. I just want to show you this sneak of what I worked on all day yesterday:



My niece is turning 4 at the end of October and wants a mermaid party. You recognize some of the stamps: lawn fawn's critters in the sea and the frame from sweater weather. But what's that on the left? Oh yeah. I drew myself a mermaid. And she fits right into the lawn fawn scene with an ease that blew my socks off. I can't wait to keep making more decorations for this party. 

The more I play around in Illustrator, the more excited I get to create new images. I cannot wait for you to see what I have in store in October! Stay tuned!


♥.

6 comments:

  1. I am loving Santa hanging on the banner! I love the colors as well! I cannot wait to see what you come out with in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love the acetate, and um cutest mermaid ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Santa card. Love the acetate, where did you get it? Really cute inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Love the acetate and the how Santa is holding the sentiment. And OMG, from what I can see, that mermaid is just too cute! I cannot wait to see the full reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card!!! And lovin' the peek of the mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable altering of the Santa image. That peek of the mermaid is exciting...can not wait to see what else you have cooking up!

    ReplyDelete