Monday, August 25, 2014

purr-fect {lawn fawn august inspiration week}

Hi and welcome back to another day of lawn fawn's august inspiration week. Today, it's all about the papers, the flair, the woodgrain notecards, the sequins and wood veneer found in the sweater weather collection!

sweater weather paper collection {lawn fawn august inspiration week}


I tried to show off a few of the new patterns in my paper-pieced goodie bag. Aren't they cute?  I cut and assembled the new goodie bag die in white, but added a fun splash of the bright argyle to the front. That involved several steps: I first die-cut the argyle with a stitched rectangle die, then ran just the tip through the machine to get the same pinked-edge-top as the goodie bag. Finally, I die-cut a circle into the layer, so that I could arrange my scene inside.

sweater weather paper collection {lawn fawn august inspiration week}

The rest was much easier to put together: I die cut a few rolling hills for the kitty to rest on, paper-pieced her (giving her a bow from the new monster mash set) and made an original sentiment from 2 different stamps in the spooktacular set.

A bow in the new orchid twine finishes it all off. I hope you like it!

Check out the lawn fawn blog for more inspiration!

♥.

12 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the patterned papers you chose, the cat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Love the papers and kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable, love the inspiration, great tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable project! My son has a new kitten and I want to CASE your bag. I think it would be nice to include some treats inside. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable, love the inspiration . thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. This goodie bag is so absolutely adorable! I love how you used the kitty from the Halloween set for a non-Halloween project and even gave her a cute little bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun holder!
    Great colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card, love the argyle pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable! I love your unique goodie bag, and the kitty with bow is a darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bag is so sweet. Love those papers.

    ReplyDelete