Thursday, June 12, 2014

life's a beach...party!

It's always so much fun for me to work with Marlyn (Montreal Confections.)  Last year, we did a woodland party for her daughter's 11th birthday (click!) and this year, Jessika had the most beautiful day for her beach party.

life's a beach...party!

It all started with an invitation.

life's a beach...party!

We chose our colors, I pulled lawn fawn papers and colored crabs and sandcastles aplenty.

life's a beach...party!

I used the new lawn fawn set, "life is good" for all of the paper decorations, and no black outlines on any of the stamped images.

life's a beach...party!

There's a video on the lawn fawn blog today that shows how I colored my images by stamping them first in a very light color. I wanted the entire party to look airy and... beachy!

The new louie's abcs and party banners were so perfect for creating the focal point of the entire table.

life's a beach...party!

ok. who am I kidding? the focal point of the table is always the cake,

life's a beach...party!

with the bright flip flops on top.

life's a beach...party!

I can't wait to learn how to make these waves.

life's a beach...party!


life is good...

life's a beach...party!

I love that crab topper!

life's a beach...party!

I found an amazing tutorial on Studio DIY for making these "beach balls."  She put hers on a garland, I put mine in a watery-blue dish. I love them.

life's a beach...party!

I only made a few food labels, and mostly just to pull the same darker blue outline that you saw on the banner to the front of the table.

life's a beach...party!

I didn't properly blend the waves on purpose. promise.  I thought it looked more interesting, like choppy waves.

life's a beach...party!

For the favor bags, I cut a silhouette beach bag shape and attached simple tags.

life's a beach...party!

I hope you've enjoyed the glimpse into our beach party! It was so much fun to create!

♥.

13 comments:

  1. Awesome party, Elena! Those beach balls rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your party themes are always executed so well!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Awesome party theme! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. leaving you some love over here too because... well because you are awesome!! and you inspire me and I love love love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, you can do a party for me anytime! Yours idea are always so creative and super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another amazing party! I love the bright colors and all the little details, you pay attention to every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Marilyn, it looks amazing!! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Marilyn, it looks amazing!! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow! Once again, you've amazed me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi how did you do the cup cake rapers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! I have a machine that cuts them out for me :)

      Delete
  11. Wahou ! Quel excellent travail, c'est très impressionnant. Félicitations c'est génial ! :)

    ReplyDelete