Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Hooray! {mama elephant designer series}

Hey there!

It's been quiet on the blog lately (let's blame the beautiful weather) but I'm here and on the Mama Elephant blog today sharing a card I made with the beautifully hand-lettered "splendid."

hooray!

I started out with a white cardstock panel and stamped the open diamond pattern (from on point borders) to cover the entire piece.  Then, I heat-embossed the amazing sentiment with a blue embossing powder.  I kind of love how you can still see the diamond pattern through the sentiment!

hooray!

I used some of the accents included in splendid to add fun touches to my card: the bird and the spray of stars.  I hand-cut the bird and popped him up, but the stars were stamped directly on top of the base pattern.  I think little differences like that give levels of interest to a card.

Finally, I cut apart a femme frames die-cut so that I could slip a tiny scallop border on either end of my focal panel.

I hope you like my card! Thanks for stopping by.

♥.

4 comments: