Thursday, June 26, 2014

hang in there {lawn fawn inspiration week}

On the last day of lawn fawn's june inspiration week, we're re-visiting sets that have been given new coordinating dies: critters in the burbs, critters on the farm, plus one, and critters down under.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to craft with the tree-hugging koala.

I made a card almost 2 years ago with this koala, and I can't believe I hand-cut everything like a chump, but it's still one of my favorite cards.  It's one that got me noticed by lawn fawn, and I'd like to think it started me toward my spot on this amazing team.  click *here* to see it.

But today.

It's all about celebrating the awesome laziness and perfection that comes with owning matching dies:

hang in there {lawn fawn inspiration week}

I started out with a white panel of cardstock, on which I stamped and masked and masked and stamped to get a nice layer of trees. Oh, and before all of that stamping/masking, I put down a post-it-strip across both the top and bottom of the panel. Do you see how the tree bottoms are cut off? I love doing that - it makes it look like a print instead of a homey-homemade card, especially because I added a wash of blue around the trees in between the post-it-strips.

hang in there {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Once I was happy with the trees (are you saying "happy little trees" now? I am. ha. I used to watch that painting show all the time as a kid) I then popped the koala on there. I adhered the bottom of the tree directly onto the cardstock, lining it up with the stamped trees, but using a foam dimensional under the koala.

hang in there {lawn fawn inspiration week}

I stamped the custom sentiment using Milo's abcs.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the lawn fawn blog today!

♥.

8 comments:

  1. SUPER CUTE card and PERFECT sentiment!!!
    ALL of your masking, stamping, masking, more stamping and colouring were well worth the effort - LOVE IT ALL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little treetop scene, so cute! The koala does not appear to phased in the least by his predicament either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! I like how you popped up the koala.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute cute! I want this set too - in fact, I want everything that Lawnfawn has!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete