Wednesday, May 28, 2014

thanks for a great year!

Hi there! I thought I'd pop in with a few end-of-year cards that I made. I haven't been card-making much (so, not blogging much either) but I'm working on making party decorations that I can't wait to show you.

Has the school year ended for your kids?  Ours drags on for another 3 weeks and 2 days... we're all counting down.  On the plus side, at least I still have plenty of time to get my teacher cards and gifts put together.

My first card was inspired by Cristina's stunner. (click!)

thanks for a great year!


I added a book to the line-up,

thanks for a great year!

and opted for the new "thanks" die instead of the individual letter dies.

thanks for a great year!

My second card had me cutting more than stamping:

thanks for a great year!

I downloaded a pencil-shaped card file from the silhouette store, and cut it out onto one 12x12 sheet of ivory cardstock. All of the colors were sponged on or colored on after the cutting. I find that so much easier than sending all of the different colors of cardstock through the machine.  I stamped the lawn fawn sentiments directly onto the pencil.

I hope you like them!

♥.

7 comments:

  1. Yes I love them. Thanks for the great tip about colouring the Silhouette shapes as opposed to cutting all the colours--brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, I love how all the 'people' on the first card have those rosy checks and I would never have though to just cut everything out in one color and color/sponge it all. That is so much easier!!! That's why they pay you the big bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable teacher cards...these will make these hard working teachers smile. I know they work very hard there in Ontario!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so sweet! We go until the end of June.... so one month left! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so super adorable! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous end of year cards. Your teachers are so lucky. We have about two more weeks and I cannot wait. Finals and year end projects for two high schoolers--my hair is going grey. And, so sad but my girls told me that they are too old to give presents, so I have no teacher gifts to make anymore.

    ReplyDelete