Sunday, February 17, 2013

Summertime charm {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Happy Sunday!

This is a thrilling one for me:

1. it's my first inspiration week as part of the lawn fawn design team
2. it's my birthday today
3. my sister just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl last night, and I will be holding that bundle of sweetness in a few hours - swoon!

summertime charm
On to the craft!  haha.  I am helping to show off the new "summertime charm" set by lawn fawn.  I made my own jar 'o jam by hand-drawing a little squiggly line near the top of the jar (with a memento ink marker, so I could copic-color it in with no bleeding.)  The sentiment on the jam jar label was printed on the computer, in a font that I thought looked handwritten (if your handwriting looks that pretty - kudos, and do that instead.  I love seeing pretty handwriting mixed in with stamps.)  I added the scallop on the top of the label, but it would look adorable stamped right under the jar lid too.  

summertime charm

I used patterned paper and stickers from the pink lemonade collection - aren't they a breath of fresh air?  I especially love this cute little floral.  And, the lawn trimmings I used to tie around the jar lid is amazing.  I love how stiff it is, and how it holds its shape perfectly.

summertime charm

I couldn't help but stick a cut strawberry right next to my punny sentiment (groan.  sorry, but you know how much I love these - you *may* be seeing another custom one this week.)  The strawberry was smothered in glossy accents to add a bit more dimension and texture to the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  I may be a little giddy this morning, from the excitement of presenting new lawn fawn stuff along with the other talented girls!

27 comments:

  1. First of all: Happy birthday and congratulations for the new niece ^^
    Then I really like your card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fantastic things happening for just one day Elena! Happy Birthday, congratulations on the birth of your niece, and what an amazing project to kick off your Lawn Fawn inspiration week! I love how bright and happy this is, and great colouring of your jam especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELENA!! What a wonderful present, a new niece!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elena ~ Happy Birthday to you! What a thrill that you will be holding your new niece today...such a wonderful birthday gift!
    I love your fun card! The shiny strawberry and puny sentiment are so charming with these sweet new LF papers...Love it!
    Have fun today...I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Elena and congrats to your sister ^_~ Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty I love the little strawberry on top and the twine on the jar, adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday talented lady! Congratulations on the new addition to your family! How excited to be on this DT. How envious I am of you. Your card is super duper cute! Love everythiB-) about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Elena! And congratulations on your first Lawn Fawn inspiration week and on the addition in the family!! Today sounds like it will be a great day for you! And your card is adorable!! I really like the strawberry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy happy birthday to my friend!! I hope you have a fab day! (And breakfast was good yesterday right?) :) Your card is so pretty! Love the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Happy Becoming An Aunt (again?) Day, Happy Design Team Day! Lots of happiness for one of the sweetest girls around the blogosphere. xoxo Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Elena! What an exciting day for you! Your card is so pretty and I always love your punny, custom sentiments! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday and congrats to your sis, Auntie! Love your card and the sentiment. Cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your punny funny sentiment cracked me up. Background on this card reminds me of wallpaper in a sunny kitchen. You've done a terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card. Love the sentiment you created.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday! & great job on the card! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday and congratulations Auntie! Your card is absolutely Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the jar of jam - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Life is good...happy birthday!!!!

    I love your sweet card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable!! AND it makes me feel all summery, too! You always add just the right little details to your cards, and this is another perfect example! Happy Birthday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet card! I love it, the coloring on the jam is perfect - it looks so real, and I love the glossy strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  21. First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and congratulations on becoming an aunt! What an exciting time for you and your family! Also your first project for Inspiration week with Lawn Fawn, well you know they say good things come in threes!

    I love what you did with your card, especially the "punny" sentiment! I think the idea of mixing handwriting with stamping is wonderful as well. The while card just makes me happy and made me smile! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    Enjoy the new baby and have a wonderful birthday, thanks for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday! Such an adorable card, your colouring is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy card for the birthday girl . Just too cute ! TFS .

    ReplyDelete