Welcome to my blog's 2nd birthday party! We're doing it up woodland-style. Here are some of the diy details. Follow along with the numbers on the party photo above:
1. A backdrop of frames: using the birch trees and mushroom stamps images made it super easy to create a woodland-inspired backdrop. (and 3M velcro mounting strips are my new best friend.)
2. Speaking of the mushroom image - I stamped 2 for my blog's 2nd birthday! And water-colored them for a soft, whimsical look.
3. Nothing says woodland like red & white gingham. And dyed-coconut cupcake topping. My kids asked me if it was grass. Score. (and, by ignoring them, they assumed what they wanted and I didn't have to protect the cupcakes from unwanted grubby fingers. They were pleasantly surprised after the photoshoot!)
4. Toilet-paper-rolls turned favor boxes. Keeping it simple here. I stamped the birch trees (because birch is the new woodgrain, yo!) onto some kraft wrapping paper and covered empty toilet paper rolls. I sewed the edges shut, but if you want something even easier, go ahead and glue the edges closed.
5. A diy cake stand. Sometimes you gotta make do with what you've got. What I had was some kraft wrapping paper, a few cans of tomato paste, and cedar planks (we have a bunch that we use to bbq salmon on in the summer - yum!) I stamped the birch tree pattern again, onto the wrapping paper, covered a few pantry cans, and turned this into a makeshift cupcake stand. It totally works!
NOW, it's time for the r-e-a-l party. I design for some amazing and very generous companies, and they are helping me make this blogging birthday extra special:
Clear and Simple Stamps: the stamps, dies, and wrapping paper that I used here come from this amazing company. I love designing for this fantastic brand, and adore how I have been stretched creatively, working alongside Nicki and the ultra-talented design team. Clear and Simple will be gifting a lucky party-goer with the limited edition "celebrate" stamp set.
Precious Remembrance: I love the whimsically handwritten sentiments of Precious Remembrance - Dyane's style puts the perfect finishing touch on so many of my cards. She is due with her second baby any day now (yay!) and has agreed to let another party guest choose any one stamp set from the shop!
Lawn Fawn: somebody pinch me. I recently starting designing for Lawn Fawn, and it really is a dream come true. It's no secret that I love working with cute images, and theirs are the cutest! The critters reeled me in, and the gnome sealed the deal ;) Kelly Marie is so very sweet and encouraging, and will be gifting yet another winner with a stamp set and 6x6 petite paper pack of their choosing.
Just Me Digital Designs: do you all know how the name "just me" came to be? My sister, Melissa and I teamed up: Melissa & Elena, the ME of Just Me :) We started out doing invitations and party decorations together, way back when. We still collaborate sometimes (I can't create digital stuff to save my life, and she's a hoot with a stamp), but she's doing quite well with her own little Etsy shop. She's due with her 3rd baby in about a week and a half (a new niece for me!), and is gifting still another party-goer with a custom digital party invitation or birth announcement. She designs, you print it out - simple as that.
I am so thrilled and thankful for these 4 amazing prizes! I put all of this together to thank you. Thank you for supporting my creative endeavors and for encouraging me along the way. Thank you for becoming my friends, helping me keep my sanity, and for pushing me to always try and do more. I really love being a part of this amazing community of crafters. mwah!
I will be leaving room until Tuesday, February 12 at 9pm EST for you to RSVP to my party. If you follow my blog, you've already checked the "yes, I will attend" box - just leave me a comment to let me know you're here. If you don't follow my blog, you're welcome to do so! And then please leave me a comment so I know you did. I'll be announcing winners right here on the blog on February 13th, so come back!
Thanks for coming to my party.
ps - I'm posting over at the Precious Remembrance blog today too!
pps - check the CSS blog for a list of other designers who are partying today.