Saturday, December 29, 2012

What a year! {top 12 of 2012}

I'm sitting here, typing up this year-in-review post, and desperately trying to make sense of the idea of another year over.  I feel this way every December.  Where did the time go?  What did I even accomplish this year?  How did the kids grow up so much in a year??

In all honesty, I'm not one for big new year's resolutions: they stink of failure after the resolve behind the decision fizzles out.... (I'd rather make my huge resolution in, say, October - and not start out the new year feeling like I've already let myself down.)

But I'm a firm believer in looking-back-before-moving-forward.

Sooo, that being said, enjoy this month-by-month look back at some of my favorite projects of the year, before we move into a new year of crafty ventures together :)

Click on any of the photo captions to be whisked away to the original posts.


January:

an early valentine



February:

thank you so much
March:

little chickadees
April:

sewing party invitations


May:

milk & cookies party

June:

gallery idol, round 3 cards
July:

it's what's inside that counts
August:

camping party


September:

a new day

October:

halloween mis-fortunes

November:

snow-globe shake tag
December:

ring in the new year

Happy New Year!  



11 comments:

  1. I love them all!! So many great projects... I can't begin to pick a favorite! So funny, I posted my Year in Review today too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all. I love your design aesthetic so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful look back! You are oh so talented! I LOVE the light my fire card! Happy new year and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! What a WONDERFUL cardmaking year you've had!!! I'm so happy for all your success! Thanks for always sharing such wonderful inspiration.
    Happy New Year hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post just captures how clever you are... one after the other of perfect, awesome projects. I can't pick a favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all just so fabulous, Elena! How fun to see which were your favourites over the past year! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a beautiful display!! i have probably pinned all of these throughout the year:) looking forward to what u create in 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All stunning projects! You are really at the top of your game sister! Here's to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many gorgeous projects! You are super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful collection of project! All so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a year you've had, Elena! All those parties, in addition to the cards, it's crazy! Those take so much time to put together, and you really put a lot of thought into the details (which I love!) The camping party was my favorite ... such great colors, the huge slab of wood as your backdrop, and, believe it or not, the tin holding the twizzler sticks. It totally speaks "camping" to me, and I never would have thought to use one. So looking forward to your 2013 projects! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete