Friday, December 21, 2012

teacher gift #2: snowman card + cookie set

Hi all!

We're in the home-stretch before Christmas, and it's so sad - the only presents wrapped and under the tree are some brown paper bags that the kids decorated for "mommy" and "daddy."  They're so excited to have put together a present for each of us, it's adorable!  Time for this mommy to get to work so they could see some presents of their own under there!

Yesterday, I shared a gingerbread cookie jar and matching gingerbread tag.  Today, Marlyn & I are at it again!  We thought it would be so fun to create a card set and coordinating set of cookies...  I give you, the "build-your-own-snowman card & cookie set":

build-your-own-snowman

I packaged the build-your-own-snowman card kit in the bottom tin, and secured it to the cookie jar by way of a ribbon.  The ribbon knot and tails were embellished with MFT snowflakes.  The snowman on the front is to show how the ones in the kit could come together.  I used Papertrey ink dies, and a mix of lawn fawn and PTI stamps to make the kit come to life.  I packaged each "snowman part" individually, and labelled each little baggie.  (If you know the PTI dies, you'll remember that they don't include scarves for this snowman, but it wasn't too hard to hard draw and cut out a set... and he looks so much cozier like that!)

build-your-own-snowman

And the cookies - hee hee.  I had so much fun playing around with them!  Marlyn did include some bigger circle cookies, but it made me laugh when I lined up 3 the same size :)  She thought of everything: eyes, carrot noses, buttons, different hats, there were even a few ties!

I hope you like it!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha... I love Amy's comment! She's right, these are SOO cute, and how fun to play around with!!

    ReplyDelete