Monday, December 3, 2012

penguin shuffle

Time for another lawnscaping challenge!  This one's color-themed: create a card using a red-turquoise-kraft combination.

penguin shuffle

This card was so much fun to make - and will have that tune running through your head all day!  And look, he really shuffles:

penguin shuffle

...and to the right:

penguin shuffle

If you want to know how to make your own dancing penguin, here's the tutorial I followed - I couldn't help but CASE JJ's hilarious card.  The only change I made to the actual construction of the shuffling penguin is that in place of buttons, I used pennies - they're thinner, and the weight of the pennies really makes him waddle around!

I taught a class over the weekend, and we all made this card - the students were challenging each other's penguins to dance-offs... it was all fun and games until someone's penguin landed on his head...

We'd love it if you played along with our color challenge:


At stake is a gift certificate to shop at Simon Says Stamp!

Simon Says Stamp

10 comments:

  1. I love the colors such a great combo and the little penguin is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness!!! LOVE it!!! that song is a house favorite for my 1 and 4 year old to have dance party too!! that ME stamp set is my favorite!!! but that 'shufflin' penguin is hilarious!!! i LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this card is so cute! I really like that he moves!! Now that song is stuck in my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cute cute cute cute cute...I can't stop typing it...cute cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! How very appropriate that you used my inspiration but put in your two cents. Get it? Yes, I'm a dork. It's Monday and I haven't had my coffee yet. That's my excuse;) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! That shuffling penguin is so cute! I'll have to check out the tutorial and give it a try! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, Elena! This challenge was right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card. I love those colors, and will try to play along. And, thank you (NOT) for that song being stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure the last time I laughed when I looked at a card, but seriously did just now. This card is hilarious, Elena! I just love your fun personality!

    ReplyDelete