Saturday, December 15, 2012

Noël.

Hi friends,

I'm posting over at the Precious Remembrance blog for the last time this year!  If you are sending out handmade cards this year, I'm guessing they are all already made, (unless you're like me, and the photo-cards you ordered are still sitting in a pile on the dining room table, waiting to be addressed and mailed out... *insert guilty face here*) but here is a final Christmas card for your viewing pleasure:

noel

I created the "noel" mat with my cameo silhouette, and stamped the Precious Remembrance ornament at the bottom.  The ornament hangs on by a string (I used the wavy snowdrift image from lawn fawn's "let it snow") which creates some visual interest going up the card.  I didn't want the wavy line interfering with my "n-o-e-l" letters, so I masked them off before stamping.  After coloring parts of the ornaments in shades of brown and red, I gave the whole mat a bit of texture with pti's canvas impression plate.

noel

A last little detail was to add glossy accents on the ornament stars.  It's such a fun way to add some extra wow without being too fussy.

Have a great weekend, all!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Elena! So soft and pretty! And I love that bit of glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! love the cut out word!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. came out a winning design, pinning now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love the Cameo? What an wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Must resist urge to buy Cameo (repeat three times). I am JUST like you--my holiday photo cards are sitting in a box...I was smart this year and had them made with a 'happy new year' sentiment, buying myself an extra week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elena, this is such a pretty card! I don't have a Cameo but I do have a Knk Zing. I really need to use it more often! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete