Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Color-your-own-cookie

If you're looking for something fun to do with the kids in the days leading up to Christmas, I thought I'd share the fantastic gift that Marlyn (of Montreal Confections) dropped off this weekend.

Color-your-own-cookies!

color-your-own-cookies

Sorry for the not-so-great photos, but I just snapped a few while the kids were tearing into the box of cookies, and the set of edible food markers that were gifted to them as well.  They each colored (and gleefully ate!) a few cookies.  It is such a cool holiday present!

color-your-own-cookies

Thomas didn't waste too much time, and his smile is more of a "ok, mom, can I just go ahead and eat it already?"

Sofia, on the other hand, colored a more intricate design:

color-your-own-cookies

I'm not quite sure what's going on with the "love me" and "love you" on the girl's dress, but as long as we're in loving moods, I'm not sayin' anything.  (by the way, do you see the little bite she took off the foot?  yeah, as she was coloring, she nibbled a bit.  That was hilarious to see - the little artist, carefully coloring in the lines, and then taking a dainty chomp out of the foot.)

color-your-own-cookies

Thanks, Marlyn!  We loved it!

10 comments:

  1. Very fun. You reminded me that we used to do this, too. I did cookie bowling pins for one of the girl's birthday parties at the bowling alley, and then they colored and then ate them. Memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool...my kiddos would love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! And I do love the missing foot. Just tonight Leah tried sneaking some of my kettle corn from my pile to hers. Kids are so sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you posted these, they both look so cute is Sofia wearing pearls as she colors her cookies? I had left some blank ones after seeing your doll the other day. Did Maia try it as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maia's were a mess! She had more marker on the plate and on her hands than on the cookies, but she loved them! And Evangelina and Tanya got to try their hand at coloring some cookies this evening - we're all a little obsessed with this idea! Thanks again, Marlyn!

      Delete
  5. Adorable.......,the cookies and the kids;);)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there is a balance between the salary and the demanding job.
    Remember that you are usually limited to a number of sessions so you might want
    to consider paying out of your own pocket. RTs can also explore the option of branching out into business roles with equipment manufacturers,
    or join the world of research and academics.
    My site: post surgical depression anxiety

    ReplyDelete