Monday, June 25, 2012

Gallery Idol, final round.

Oh my.

Somebody fan me down... is it really the final round of Gallery Idol??

This week's theme is interactive birthday cards.  Lemme just start off by saying mechanics and math are not my strong suits :)  But I think I managed to pull together a super sweet and clever card, and my kids have been "interacting" with it all weekend... hee hee.

Oh, and I realize that the photo-editing took a dramatic turn, but I really wanted to be able to show you all the details of my "from frying pan to table" card.  So, card pictures first, details at the end... enjoy the little "motion blur" to show how the eggs go down :)



 
For my card, I grabbed lawn fawn's "love 'n breakfast" set and paper pieced all of the elements.  I also stamped the wavy steam lines from "on the mend."  I then fiddled around with PTI's wavy spinner die, to shorten it to the size I needed.  The "egg-cellent" part of the sentiment is stamped, and I added the rest via computer.

My favorite things about this card:

I opted to not make the eggs spin down the card - the track was too wide for that.  Instead, I attached the eggs/bacon onto a strip of acetate, so they can be slid up and down.

I also love that I "re-inserted" the frying pan face and the top of the serving tray.  I had to go back to the spinner die and cut those out separately.

I wanted to mount the focal panel onto foam squares, so I backed the entire panel with vellum card-stock.  The track is translucent!

I love the pop of texture from the MFT rolled rose die.

I hope you like this card as much as I do.  If you do, I'd appreciate your vote!  You know the drill - click on the picture of my card on the right side-bar and it will bring you straight to the voting site.

Thank you for popping by!

29 comments:

  1. oh, wow. This takes interactivity to the next level! Good luck with this amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, WOW your card is egg-cellent! Sorry, I couldn't resist! I wish you the very best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay yay yay YOUOUU! This is great. And now I'm so hankering for breakfast in bed. I do love your selection of patterned papers and the interactive aspect is super fun. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love it! Love it!

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. O WELL DONE! This is ridiculously fabulous! YAY! YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! Love it, Elena! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really super. I like how just the eggs leave the pan and go to the plate. Good luck with the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elena, this is so clever and sweet! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so fabulous, Elena! I'm off to vote! ;)
    Best wishes to you---- I'm hoping you win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah! This is how I like my breakfast delivered: in the cutest way possible! :D
    Good Luck!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Elena! This is so creative and wonderful! You've given me a great big smile with this card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just super fun! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is super clever and adorable too!!! Good luck with Gallery Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing! Both the project AND the photography!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great card! Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is super fantastic! Could you send some of that amazing creativity this way please. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That card is really fantastic, Elena!


    www.lauriescraftingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute!! Best of luck to you in the final round, Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  19. seriously oozing cute and more cute...Good luck, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally!! WOW!! card....amazing.....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck--the card is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Elena....I am so glad to be in the Top 5 with you! This has been such an awesome experience and especially getting to know you better! I just think this card is the cutest thing ever! I love how you captured the movement of the eggs to the plate.....that is so awesome! Your creativity amazes me as you altered the die to fit your needs. When I saw this, I thought....moving eggs??! Love it! Thanks for being there and always giving encouragement! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This made me grin from ear to ear. soooooo cute!!! Not just cute but pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is amazing! If I can do something like this, I am very happy and amaze at myself! I hope to learn some tricks from you if you do not mind. :P

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great card. I loved every part of it. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nothing cuter than Lawn Fawn bacon and eggs!! Great idea and perfect execution! Crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete