Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Retro sketch #4.

I was pretty loose with the retro sketch this week:


I enlarged the focal panel quite a bit, but I did follow the sketch the rest of the way ;)

I started out with a 3.25-inch white circle, and stamped a little lawn fawn scene on it.  I used the new frog from "critters ever after" and had him sit on the log from "critters in the forest."  The bird and tulip are from "gnome sweet gnome" and the grass clumps, from "critters in the 'burbs."  I did some simple copic-coloring and then masked all of the elements so that I could stamp the hero arts envelope pattern overtop in blue ink.

Since I was inspired by the retro sketch of the week, I'm also throwing this card into the current lawnscaping challenge - all about being inspired by fellow crafters.

Hope you like it!  Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Elena your card is so sweet! I REALLY Love your interpretation of the sketch! The way you enlarged the proportions is so interesting! So glad you played along with us in this week's RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, that image is darling and great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love your take on the sketch and the soft colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you changed it up a little bit! Such an adorable card! Thanks for playing along with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elena this is so darn adorable!! Your focal image is so cute, I love their rosy cheeks. :)
    I also LOVE what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is absolutely adorable! I love the soft colors!!!! All the details and textures. The grid background, The frog resting on the log...... What a lovely card.... Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elena, this is adorable! Your take on the sketch is SUPERB! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at RetroSketches, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh, sweetest frog ever!! This is such a sweet card, love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so sweet! I love the soft colors! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is just darling! Great job and the soft coloring has such a nice effect. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eek love the froggie, he's adorable. Great card

    ReplyDelete