Wednesday, August 31, 2011

a change of pace.


You know I love my critters, and all of my cutesy stamps, but once in a while I get asked to make something more "elegant."  Hee hee.


There are a lot of bits and pieces on here, but I think by clustering them, and keeping them neutral, it all works.  I started out with a cream card base, and layered an SU patterned paper over-top.  It's called "presto patterns" - I think it's retired now - and made to look like emboss-resist when you rub ink on it.  Tumbled glass distress ink brought out the Shakespeare quote (I see "Puck" in there, and yes, I know it's "a midsummer night's dream", Bethany...)  I also rubbed distress inks (antique linen) on my doily, my stamped-woodgrain-heart (PTI stamp and die), and my "thinking of you banner".  The rolled rose is the only pop of color on top of the neutral cluster, to bring balance to the bright blue underneath...


Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. So you can rock the cute AND the elegant! This is beautiful!
    Hugs
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous, Elena! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just gorgeous! I love the elegant look and feel and how all of your pieces came together! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely works. Just stunning!
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, so feminine. Love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete