Thursday, June 2, 2011

Another day, another challenge.


What a blast it was to join the gals over at CAS-ual Fridays yesterday.  I got the sweetest comments on my card and got to blog-surf while watching "So you think you can dance" last night... FUN!

In case you were wondering:  I can't dance.  At all.  I mean, I've got the rhythm inside of me, but it doesn't translate to bodily movement.  Best kept in snapping/clapping form. And maybe a little head-bopping...maybe...hee.

Today, I used the sketch over at the sweetest thing - I hope I haven't massacred it too much... I admit I used it loosely, but be gentle - it's my first time using a set sketch to build a design on.


enjoy the ride!

The base layer is SU kraft card-stock, to which I added a red mat with a pretty, scalloped edge.  The strip of SU bashful blue, along with the white die-cut clouds, was embossed using a PTI impression plate.  The main image is from Lawn Fawn's "admit one".  I stamped the merry-go-round first, did some beyond basic coloring and then masked the image before repeatedly stamping a ticket background.  Here's closer look: 


I added stitching to each individual element to add some whimsy (with stitching like mine, it's got to be "whimsical" - it can't be "elegant", lol!)  I added some stitching for the balloon string to finish things off.

Thanks for looking!  



1 comment:

  1. Love the colors on this card and your 'whimsical stitching' :) The die-cut clouds are perfect on that left blue strip. Thanks for stopping by my blog recently and leaving a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete