Thursday, April 21, 2011

parties, parties, parties.

It's 9am, and I've already made a few dozen cinnamon-chocolate cupcakes, chocolate-marshmallow pops, chocolate chip cookies and brownies.  The house is clean(ish) and a pirate ship threw up in my living room.  It can only mean 1 thing: party time!

Friday morning is pirates.  Saturday morning, we're twinkling our toes for Sofia's ballerina party.  And Sunday, we're celebrating our Lord's resurrection!  It's jam-packed - hopefully the decorations don't get mixed up (right now, I have some easter eggs on the counter and a white table runner with pink ruffles on it amid all the pirate stuff... lol.

Here's a tiny sneak-peak of the kids' parties...











But I also had time to create a little Easter card - mostly because Thomas asked me if I would stamp something for him to color in, and he chose "winter bunny" (lawn fawn).  I would pause here to point out how crazy he is, but it's snowing a bit outside... so bunny-wearing-scarf-in-spring isn't so far off after all.


I love this little card!  I already had the frame die-cut, and I knew it was only a matter of time before I found something cute to pop inside.  I colored 3 little bunnies and chopped off their scarves.  I'm not condoning the whole "white easter" thing that's going on outside...  A little bow around their necks and they almost look edible...

If I don't make it back to the blog before Sunday, happy Easter to all!  


"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!  In His great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead..." - 1 Peter 1:3

3 comments:

  1. THAT CARD. O_O No. Seriously. That is the not only the best card, but it's the best presentation. Favorite.

    ALSO. There's a directory being put together of craft blogs! I don't think I have to tell you what you must do: http://easycrafts.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Craft_Blog_Directory

    ReplyDelete
  2. So seriously, those pictures are really nice, but they don't do her hardwork justice! And as one who has seen this live, I have proof :) It's really the level of details in so many different places. (eg. like who thinks about putting scarfs on bunnies!)

    AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, this is so cute! I love that the bunnies have the little ribbons tied around their necks. They remind me of those scrumptious Lindt chcolate bunnies! I hope you hade a blast with your parties and have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete