Friday, March 4, 2011

You're a peach! (no, really - you are!)


Did ya miss me?  Probably not, lol.  We packed up our crazy family and went to Vermont for a few days of spring break.  Apparently, 3 other families we know had the same idea :)  Our kids had the time of their lives with other little friends in the hotel pool (and when you are 5 and 3 yrs old, there is nothing more fun as swimming in the hotel pool - it's a fact.  Let's not talk about the 10 month old who freaks out over everything... water included.)  We even ran into Sofia's school principal - in her sweats, feeling around for her morning coffee at the breakfast bar... hilarious.

We went to Michaels (I usually schedule trips around where the nearest Michaels can be found, since it doesn't exist in Montreal,) but it turns out I have been tainted.  Way too spoiled by PTI and SU stuff to appreciate much of anything there.  I ended up raiding the dollar bin for the kids so they could stamp in the hotel after their baby sister went to bed.  I thieved one of their new stamps for this card - I thought it was pretty cute!  I stamped it 3 separate times:  once on the notebook die cut, and 2 other times on post-it notes.  I created a mask for the peach and for the leaf out of these post-its, so that I could stamp a pattern inside without adding extra layers to the card.  Here's a close-up shot:


See?  No extra layers.  And by the way, thanks for reading my blog.  You're a peach. xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. Love how you added pattern to your peach, very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute and I love the effect you achieved with the masking! I hear ya about being too spoiled with The Good Stuff to get all worked up over the selection at the big box stores anymore, lol. Sometimes I'll find or border punch or Spellbinders' dies that I want there though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the "faux-paper piecing" thing you did with the masking. How creative!

    ReplyDelete