Monday, March 14, 2011

way to go, kiddo!


A new MIM challenge over at PTI!  This time, to use an impression plate on only part of your panel.  I love this look!  I used my SU square lattice folder about 3/4 up the kraft cardstock and added some score-lines above to create some definition.

The card itself is for my oldest boo-boo.  Sofia brought home an impressive report card a few weeks ago!  Ever since then, she wants to know if she's getting "A's" for everything:  "did I do a great job making my bed? Like an A+ job?"  "do I get an A for eating my carrots?" haha.  So I thought I would make her a little card to let her know that she's awesome...

And totally unrelated, but did any other mommies have a harder time getting the little ones to school this morning?  Sofia was dragging her feet because of the time-change, poor thing.  Then again, so was the hubby :)  Same difference, I guess.

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute! Love the ruler across the front. I like the expression you used also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is going to love this cute card. The texture you got is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card....one might even say it was (wait for it!) an "A+" kind of project! Thanks for the fun inspo and your little girls sweet story. Good for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card! That ef is my favorite! Great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute way to encourage your wee one!! Love the impression and the sentiment. I think those first few days when daylight savings kicks in are hard for everyone!! Even just an hour makes a difference in getting up until we adjust. We're about to finish daylight savings over here and whist it means an extra hours sleep - it also means it gets darker earlier in the day and I DON'T LIKE THAT one little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Laurie: I think it was your coffee-cup card that inspired me to pull it out again!

    @MicheyMoo: groan! how depressing to be heading into the colder times... hope you had a sunshine-y summer!

    ReplyDelete