Thursday, March 17, 2011

sewing tags, part deux




I'm posting out of order.... I finished sewing the base of these tags yesterday, although I had no idea what I'd put on them for a focal point.  That almost never happens to me.  I usually decide on a focal point first and then layer from the top-down, as it were...







Searching through my stash, I found these little die-cuts that I had stamped with some images from "everyday button bits" - borrowed from a crafty friend!  They add such a sweetness to these sewn tags!






Soooo, I didn't sew those tags today, but I did sew something:


I had some scrap fabric that I sewed into a ruffle and then secured to a soft band... perfect frame for her chubby little face, don't you think?


5 comments:

  1. I know I told you this on Sunday but you sicken me with delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's because I posted a picture of one of my kids, right? lol.

    I don't know if I told you this on Sunday, but you always put a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are so cute. Everyday button bits is one of my first PTI sets. Must pull it out again. Your little ruffle looks adorable on your daughter. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun tags and daughter and her new headband are adorable.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that headband...
    Did I mention it took me 1 HOUR to do 2 birthday cards?? And a few ruined ones...

    ReplyDelete