Tuesday, March 22, 2011

MIM - copics


MIM time again - this time, to color an image stamped on a non-neutral paper.  I don't know why I chose to work with such a deep color - *smacks self on forehead* - but whatever.  I think it ended up looking so pretty. I love the depth it gives the flower to color it with the copics.

I used PTI's "YOTF: marigolds" and "Framed" - and I'm mostly mentioning which sets I used because I MUST know how you manage to stamp the frame (from "framed") any kind of straight.  I always have to stamp on a separate paper and cut it out.  Which, to me, defeats the purpose - no?

Have a great day and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Someday you will explain these things in words even the un-crafty can understand, yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. even better - wanna come hang out one day and CRAFT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, this is beautiful! Not sure about what you're talking...that look is perfect for this elegant card. You did a wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful...I think the dark color was a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful ,don't smack your head, someone should smack your hand for a high 5!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thx gals - I just found I couldn't pull the color around as dramatically on the dark paper... but on the upside, the dark paper also hid my copic no-know-how :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think the scarlet jewel turned out lovely :)

    ReplyDelete