Friday, March 11, 2011

getting ahead with hedgehogs...

I am trying to get ahead...

I have 3 kids with birthdays within 10 days of each other (yes, I know what that implies...)  Up until now, I've stuck the older two together with unisex-themed parties:  the princess and the frog, circus, and little chefs.



They all worked out great.

But, (and nothing good ever comes from the word "but") this year they each want their own parties, with their own friends.

Sofia wants a ballerina party.  Thomas wants a pirate party.

Maia, who will be turning 1, will be getting her party-on woodland-style.  And, since I'm already exhausted trying to keep track of the kids' numerous suggestions for their parties ("you hafta have a REAAAAL plank at a pirate party!"), I decided to start off by making some decorations for sweet little Maia's party.  Because she has no expectations, doesn't rattle off demands, let me choose the party theme, and stares at me (in what can only be described as) in awe when I show her what I've made... lol.


What do you think?  I'm not pretending that I can sew, by the way.  I thought it would be a totally relaxing experience, stitching him up while watching Glee...pfffft!  Dumb embroidery floss that kept knotting up on itself... and low-grade-pillow-stuffing that wouldn't stuff right (because you know it's not me, lol!)  Anyways, it was fun (now that it's done) and I think I'll mostly stick to paper from now on...  

5 comments:

  1. I think it turned out really cute! You did a great job. My sister is in the same boat as you. Her young children both have birthdays very close together. She usually combines them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I like our family trip for birthday week tradition, I must say - Ezra's rock-out party (4th) was pretty spectacular. ;D I don't know how you do it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hedgehog is the man. Total Gleek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make up the pattern? I have got to make this for my new nephew Fox, and yes that is his name and his momma and dadda have his nursery all done up in woodland creatures. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the woodland theme idea! Your hedghog is great...I want a felt banner too!

    ReplyDelete