Wednesday, March 16, 2011

birthday tags & sewing machines.



There was a lot of under-the-breath-muttering that went into this project.  I must have sounded pretty bad over the phone, because my sister packed up her 2 kids and ran over to help me out with my machine.  We're not friends, let's put it that way (my machine and I, obviously... I like my sis just fine.)   But I'd like for this relationship to work out...for so many reasons... but let's start with paper, I guess.  Work my way up to fabric later on...

Love the look of stitching on cards.  I know my stitches are far from perfect, but I think they're pretty cute.  In a "look what I finally accomplished" kind of way :)

I've never even tried the zig-zag stitch on my machine before!  I feel like I just ran a marathon.  I need to eat some chocolate to calm my nerves.

I look forward to becoming better acquainted with my sewing machine... tomorrow.


Here are the deets on my birthday tags:  I stamped the tulips from "friendship jar spring fillers" and the "happy birthday" greeting is from tag it's 1.  The tag shape and papers are all SU.  I need to use up some of my stash. Why do I keep buying more papers without using up the old ones?  It's inexplicable... some women can't resist a new pair of shoes - it's patterned paper for me :)

6 comments:

  1. so pretty..i love the tulips stamped in blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena these are FABULOUS! I LOVE the colors! The stitching looks GREAT..
    Have a WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you stitched these tags. It is not the traditional all in a line type. I think it adds a really nice touch to the tag. Those tulips are really pretty. I sure wish I had them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! I made it into your post! I saw the tags in person and they are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the spring colors you used. They look great in the patterned paper with the outlined tulips. And you did a great job with the sewing. Next time should be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these. They are so cute and I really like how CAS you kept them!

    ReplyDelete