Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ballerina party prep

Within the next month, I will have celebrated the birthday parties of all 3 of my kiddos.  A lot of work, but at least I'm all done for the year afterwards, right??  I really do enjoy crafting for their parties - it's an excuse to decorate the house and try out new ideas that I find on other crafty blogs...  Like this tutorial, making gorgeous hanging balls out of crepe paper and styrofoam balls.

I'm fresh out of styrofoam balls, but I did have some crepe paper (who doesn't? lol) and some tiny styrofoam wreaths.  Sooo, you go from this:


to this:


I cut 24-inch strips of crepe paper, and rolled each strip into a rosette, adding a dab of hot glue here and there to keep it all together (be careful if you try this:  I now have a bubbly burn on 1 finger...that hot glue gun is equal parts friend and foe...)  I used around 20 rosettes for this one wreath - 3/4 of a roll of crepe paper.  Not a bad decor item for freeee! (since I already had all the stuff!)  Here are some close-up pictures:



Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! You make nice things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very artistic Elena. It's like I don't even need to buy you flowers :) Kidding.

    Very cool. I only wish I was as creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena..wow your wreath is so Shabby Chic! Great idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete